At the end of October, I wrote a not-so-glowing review of my then-new Taurus PT1911. It is now two months later, and Taurus has finally gotten me the replacement extractor*. I had a gunsmith install it and inspect the pistol, and everything appears to be in working order.
I took it to the range yesterday and put about 150 rounds through it. No FTE, and only a couple FTF. All in all, not bad. I hope she holds up.
*According to Taurus, the extractor I needed was on back order. To me, this can only mean one thing: lots of other people are having the same problem, and they’ve been bombarded by requests for replacements. If you’ve had a similar problem, I’d love to hear from you.