Everyone knows that the newest BSG reincarnation is superior to the original. Far superior, in fact. Hotter chicks, better special effects, better writing, better actors, hotter chicks… If you disagree with this, you probably think TV peaked with “Space: 1999.” But, believe it or not, the original series was actually superior in a number of ways.
10. The original Cylon ships were way cooler. In fact, I submit that there has never been a cooler looking (imaginary) space ship ever created for a TV show or movie. If Darth Vader had had a few of these babies in his inventory, Skywalker would’ve shit his diapers.
9. The original Colonial Vipers are also cooler. I’m especially fond of the hairspray nozzle booster jets. And the wings, which are totally unnecessary in space.
8. “Atlantia death squadron… attack!” Damn right.
7. PEW-PEW-PEW! That’s right. Lasers.
6. The theme song.
5. Commander Adama rocked the Army Military Intelligence Corps insignia. The Viper pilots also wore them. But Adama rocked them.
4. Pre-A-Team Dirk Bennedict. The Face before the Face.
3. The original Cylons are so much more iconic and bad-ass than the newer Toasters. The humanoid Cylons in the new series may be hotter, but nothing beats the original metalheads.
2. Lorne Fucking Green. Do I really need to elaborate on this?
1. “By your command, imperious leader!”