Being the Thanksgiving season and whatnot, here’s some stuff I’m thankful for:
- I’m thankful for back pain, which reminds me that I have a spine.
- I’m thankful for being unemployed, which gives me plenty of time to think about what I want to be when I grow up.
- I’m thankful for the greedy assholes who gave us the economy that ultimately lead to the aforementioned unemployment.
- I’m thankful for uncertainty. Not sure why.
- I’m thankful for modern technology, which gives me the ability to stay in touch with friends and family without actually having to leave the couch, thereby minimizing my risk of catching swine flu.
- I’m thankful for douchebags, which remind me that I am not one.
- I’m thankful that I speak proper English, which allows me to surreptitiously talk about the douchebags on the interwebs without risk of them understanding me.
- I’m thankful for my guitar, which–no matter how much I neglect her or play other guitars–never gives me the stink eye.
- I’m thankful for a wide variety of interests and skills, which makes it hard for me to settle on anything.
- I’m thankful for stuff I don’t know, which keeps me curious.
- Finally, and most of all, I’m thankful for the amazing people in my life who (God only knows why) continue to choose to be around me.
Stay gold, Ponyboy.